Boy Band songs are catchy, fun, and make you want to sing at the top of your lungs while driving in your car (or maybe that’s just us). Arguably known as the greatest boy band of all time, (or at least the most successful) The Backstreet Boys are releasing their new album In a World Like This on June 30th. Are you as excited as we are? Kevin is back! KEVIN! To celebrate, here are the 10 best Backstreet Boys songs.
10. “If You Want It to Be Good Girl (Get Yourself a Bad Boy)” Solid advice. Although, we’re pretty sure the only “bad boy” of this bunch was A.J. McClean, who is now married and a father and has been sober for a few years. Sorry Backstreet Boys, you’re all good guys.
Clearly, A.J. was a bad boy here.
9. “The Call” From 2000’s Black & Blue album, “The Call” describes the story of a guy who cheats on his lady by telling her his phone is about to die and he’ll be home late. We know none of the BSB boys would do this to their ladies, but it still effectively gave us trust issues anyway.
8. “Poster Girl” From their more recent 2005 album Never Gone, “Poster Girl” tells the story of a lady that lives in the moment who the guys can’t help but fall in love with. It’s not one of their more well-known songs, but it’s definitely worth a listen.
7. “Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely” BSB’s most emotional song, containing the lyrics, “how can it be / you’re asking me / to feel the things you never show?” Deep, guys.
6. “I’ll Never Break Your Heart” The Backstreet Boys would never break your heart. The Backstreet Boys would never make you cry. That must be some other boy band. ‘N Sync, perhaps?
5. “Larger Than Life” From the Millennium album of 1999, this song was BSB’s dedication to all their loyal (and admittedly crazy) fans. Also, it contained the lyric, “Looking at the crowd and I see your body sway, c’mon / Wishin’ I could thank you in a different way, c’mon” which gave fans everywhere the tiniest glimmer of hope.
4. “As Long As You Love Me” It doesn’t matter who we are, where we’re from, or what we did. All that matters is that we love them. Oh Backstreet Boys, you know exactly how to make a girl melt.
3. “Quit Playin Games (With My Heart)” I don’t really feel the need to explain why this song is on the list, because if you’ve seen the video, you will understand.
2. “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” This was the Backstreet Boys song you loved but hated playing when your parents were around, thanks to Nick Carter’s line, “am I sexual?” At 8 years old, it was pretty embarrassing. However, this song was one of their best, and the accompanying video was even better. It featured the boys in a haunted house, dressed as different monsters. Also, you know you still know the dance.
1. “I Want It That Way” Quite possibly the greatest pop song of all time. If not, it’s at least BSB’s greatest song of all time. Sure, the lyrics make little if any sense (you want WHAT that way?!) but if you can listen to this once without it getting stuck in your head for the next seven hours, you are possibly a robot.