Jennifer Lawrence is known for being very down to earth and saying exactly what is on her mind. Whether it is on a talk show or on the red carpet, Lawrence keeps entertaining and surprising the public with her quips. The 23-year-old actress has garnered a number of accolades and was recently named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time. Lawrence’s upcoming projects include The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, American Hustle, and X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Although loved on the big screen, people love Lawrence for her authentic and humble personality when she is just being herself. It is always fun to watch her latest interviews and hear her advice, anecdotes, and most of all, the hilarious things she blurts out.
In honor of the actress’s 23rd birthday on August 15, here is a top 10 list of some of her best quotes. Happy birthday Jennifer Lawrence!
10. “I ate french fries and laid in bed until three.”
This was Jennifer’s response to an Extra reporter who asked about her workout regimen.
9. “I have the street smarts and survival skills of, like, a poodle.”
Jennifer Lawrence probably wouldn’t be as successful as Katniss if she had to fight to survive in the arena in the Hunger Games..
8. “What does it say? I beat Meryl!”
Jennifer Lawrence quoted The First Wives Club when she said “What does it say? I beat Meryl!” her speech when she won the Golden Globe for Best Actress. Some people misunderstood that it was a movie quote, and thought that Lawrence was taking a shot at Meryl Streep.
7. “I wish this was like Mean Girls so I can break this award and throw it to all of you.”
During her People’s Choice Awards speech, Jennifer made this memorable reference to Mean Girls. At the end of the movie, Cady Heron, portrayed by Lindsay Lohan, won the title of Spring Fling Queen. During her speech, she breaks the crown into pieces and throws it to the fellow nominees and students in the audience.
Hear the quote at :43
6. “I just went to the doctor today, I got a chest X-ray of my lungs and discovered that my breasts are uneven.”
Jennifer shared information about her recent check up on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Turns out, her lungs were fine, but she did make a different discovery that she shared with her doctor.
Hear the quote at :56
5. “I am starving! Is there food here?! Aww, this show is so long! Sorry! I’m so upset about the food, I can’t even…”
Jennifer doesn’t hide her love for food, as she is often bringing it up in her interviews. In this instance, the actress happened to be starving when she arrived at the Oscars. She learned that there was food there, but she would have to wait for the show to be over to satisfy her hunger.
4. “I’m sorry I hit your family. I thought I saw Honey Boo Boo.”
Jennifer found herself in an embarrassing situation when she rear-ended a family while on her way to work. She saw a group of people wearing shirts that she thought said “Boo Boo,” so she began to look around for the pint-sized reality star and took her eyes off the road.
3. I look like Gumby getting electrocuted. I have no control over my own limbs. I walk like a baby deer and dance like one.”
Jennifer had to dance in her Oscar winning film, Silver Linings Playbook. She however, is not a big fan of her moves.
Hear the quote at 2:39
2. “What’s anal leakage? Dash, Jen Lawrence!”
There are a lot of celebrities sharing their thoughts on Twitter, but Jennifer Lawrence isn’t one of them. Jennifer and David Letterman discussed possible Tweets they would send out into the Twitterverse. When David mentions abdominal cramps, Jennifer instantly blurts out the first thing on her mind, anal leakage.
1. “So then I go in interviews and I’m like, ‘I’m like a chihuahua! I’m shaking and peeing!’ And then afterwards, I’m like, ‘I just talked about peeing on the red carpet.”
Everyone deals with nerves differently. When Jennifer Lawrence is nervous, she can’t stop herself from taking a number of bathroom trips.
Hear the quote at 4:33