If you tuned in to the Golden Globes last night, then you saw great wins by stars like Jennifer Lawrence and Matthew McConaughey, and you also saw the latest fashion-do’s and fashion-don’t’s. From the arrival of the stars and nominees at the red carpet, to the ever-changing duds of the co-hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, the Golden Globes proved to be a night full of excitement and great victories. From actors in successful television series and movies like Zoeey Deschanel and Amy Poehler herself to performers alike with singer/songwriter Taylor Swift, there wasn’t an entertainer missing from the stage of the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
With the stars looking as stunning as ever, the night brought with it iconic fashions and also the top 10 worst dressed of the Golden Globes. While each of the top ten worst dressed were beautiful and talented to say the least, their fashion choice proved differently as they emerged on the red carpet. From color clashes to three-dimensional accents and even to fictional character resemblances, here are our top 10 worst dressed.[next page]
10. Lupita Nyong’o’s Ralph Lauren and Fred Leighton style was a bit too superhero for the Golden Globes. Another classic beauty, Nyong’o sported a fitted red gown with a drape of red material attached to the shoulders. The red draping seemed more like a cape and that of superhero garb, however, she definitely would make one stunning hero!
9. Saturday Night Live’s alumna and host of the Golden Globes, alongside Amy Poehler, wore an extravagance of red roses on a black background in a Carolina Herrera gown. The gown itself was beautiful in its cut and form but the decorating roses were a bit too overwhelming for the eye.[next page]
8. The ever-talented Julia Roberts looked as if she was on her way to the office rather than a star-studded red carpet affair. Roberts wore a Dolce and Gabbana black fit gown with a long-sleeve button-down look adorning the top. The gown may not have had such an office-like heir had it not been for the white button-down that screams office attire.[next page]
7. Edie Falco wore the red carpet red that epitomize most Hollywood styles but tied her gown together with an out-of-season bow. The massive bow seemed to almost choke Falco as the gown resembled that of a perfectly wrapped gift, however, the look may work better for an actual gift.
It's Edie Falco on the @goldenglobes #redcarpet! pic.twitter.com/xodSjdWwtq— Golden Globe Awards (@goldenglobes) January 12, 2014
It's Edie Falco on the @goldenglobes #redcarpet! pic.twitter.com/xodSjdWwtq
— Golden Globe Awards (@goldenglobes) January 12, 2014
6. The beloved Sandra Bullock wore quite a contradicting dress that seemed more of a Crayola creation than red carpet chic. A pink V-neck accompanied a black center and a baby blue lining on the bottom that mirrored the same color pink on the inside of the lining clashed with the Miss Congeniality star.[next page]
5. Zoe Saldana wore a Prabal Gurung with somewhat of a floral pattern. The fitted black dress was embellished with soft pink flowers, coinciding arm pieces, and a matching pink trim at the bottom of the dress with a form of transparent pink material decorated with even more flower power. While Zoe radiated on the red carpet, her oddly styled dress did not shine so bright.[next page]
4. Lena Dunham glowed a little too brightly on the clashing red carpet this year at the Golden Globes. Dunham arrived at the awards show wearing a Zac Posen gown. The yellow hue that enveloped the entirety of the gown was one of the only admirable accentes of the gown as the cut of the tight-fitting dress seemed unfitting as well.[next page]
3. The loveable Drew Barrymore wore a not-so-loveable dress at the 2014 Golden Globes. The expecting actress dawned a Monique Lhullier dress decorated with a variety of pink and red flower petals. The flow of the dress is absolutely beautiful and Barrymore herself proved quite stunning, however, the three-dimensional petals and lengthy short sleeves proved not so stunning.[next page]
2. Caitlin Fitzerald resembled a grown up version of Alice from Alice in Wonderland as the blonde beauty strode the red carpet in a Viktor and Rolf blue dress. The short sleeves and turtleneck added to an awkward high-low design that just didn’t work.[next page]
1. Paula Patton showed off her beautiful physique in a champagne colored dress that unfortunately resembled that of a pastry gone wrong. The giant ruffle that adorned the front left side of her gown took away from pretty much everything else and not in a good way.[next page]