Julia Roberts cancels public appearances after Nancy Motes’ death

February 12 13:30 2014

August of Ocean County actress Julia Roberts has canceled all upcoming public appearances in the wake of her half-sister, Nancy Motes, death.

It has not been an easy week for star Julia Roberts, after her troubled half-sister, Nancy Motes, was found dead in a Los Angeles home on Monday of what appeared to be a drug overdose, reports Fox News . However, The New York Daily News reported today that a five page suicide note was found near the body of Motes, who was 37. The Daily News quotes an anonymous source who said “There were three pages of rantings that her sister drove her to do this. There was one page to her mom, telling her how much she loved her, and one page apologizing to (her fiancé John Dilbeck).”
US Weekly reports that Roberts has canceled appearances at the Academy Awards’ Nominees Luncheon in Beverly Hills as well as a spot on Jimmy Kimmel Live .
The New York Daily News also reports that the sisters had a falling out after Motes gave a tell-all interview last year. The source also points to a number of now-deleted tweets, one of which that read: “So my ‘sister’ said that with all her friends & fans she doesn’t need any more love. Just so you all know ‘America’s Sweetheart’ is a B—-!!” from January 20th.

Roberts has yet to release a statement on her relationship with her troubled half-sister, or on the existence and truth of the suicide letter.

Photo: Image.net



view more articles

About Article Author


View More Articles