Pearl Jam is one of the most influential rock bands that emerged in the 1990s grunge movement. The band formed in Seattle, Washington in 1990. Pearl Jam consists of front man Eddie Vedder, guitarists Stone Gossard and Mike McCready, bassist Jeff Ament and drummer Matt Cameron.
The band broke out with their debut album Ten. Pearl Jam stood out from the rest in the music industry for their unconventional and rebellious attitude. The band used to refuse to make music videos and give interviews. Pearl Jam was all about the music and stayed away from the mainstream society.
Another factor that makes Pearl Jam an amazing rock band is their lead singer Eddie Vedder. His passionate voice and talent for song writing is clear in each song. Vedder has the ability to speak from the heart and paint a beautiful image with each lyric he sings. Each Pearl Jam song is relatable and impactful whether is it is a fast pace rock ballad or slow intimate tune.
Pearl Jam’s most recent album is Lightning Bolt.
TheCelebrityCafe.com is counting down the top ten Pearl Jam singles that include “Jeremy” to “Black.” Did your favorite Pearl Jam single not make the list? Comment below and add your favorite.
[ new page = Daughter ]
10. “Daughter” comes from their 1993 album Vs. It showcases the classic Pearl Jam sound and Vedder’s amazing vocals.
[ new page = Rearviewmirror ]
9. “Rearviewmirror” is also from the 1993 album Vs. It is a fast pace rock ballad that has a memorable bass line and riveting guitar riffs. It is a high energy songs and Vedder’s voice invites you in to listen.
[ new page = Last Kiss ]
8. “Last Kiss” is from their 2003 Lost Dogs album. It has a bluesy rock sound that is a beautiful yet sad song to listen to. Listening to the song will bring tears to your eyes as Vedder’s voice paints the picture of losing the love of your life.
[ new page = Better Man ]
7. “Better Man” is off their 1994 album Vitalogy. The song is a touching and revealing song that is based off Vedder’s life. Vedder wrote the song when he was a teenager and it was about his stepfather. The song starts off soft with Vedder strumming his guitar and it gradually progress to a faster hard rock tempo.
[ new page = Jeremy ]
6. “Jeremy” is from their debut 1991 album Ten. It is a dark chilling song that shows off Vedder’s powerful vocals. A newspaper article Vedder read inspired the song. It was about a high school student that shot himself in front of his English class.
[ new page = Even Flow]
5. “Even Flow” is also from their 1991 album Ten. The song embodies the grunge rock sound with its powerful drumbeat, wicked guitar riffs and ground breaking bass line. It is one of the most memorable tracks from the band that is an instant crowd favorite.
[ new page = Alive ]
4. “Alive” is from the 1991 album Ten. Vedder touches the hearts and ears of each listener as he sings an emotional song. The blend of the phenomenal guitar solo, harmonious rhythm, and Vedder’s powerhouse vocals makes the song come to life.
[ new page = Sirens ]
3. “Sirens” is from their most recent album Lightning Bolt. It is a powerful mellow song that is about love and mortality. It is a beautifully and stunningly written song that shows the intensity of the band as a whole.
[ new page = Yellow Ledbetter ]
2. “Yellow Ledbetter” is featured on the 2003 Lost Dogs album. This song has one of the most incredible guitar openings and moving lyrics. Despite it being a little hard to follow what Vedder is singing in parts of the song it is a riveting song that is a fan favorite.
[ new page = Black ]
1. “Black” is from their debut 1991 album Ten. This song showcases Vedder’s flawless and entrancing as he paints a beautifully heartbreaking emotional story in your mind. His passion and intensity bleeds through each heartfelt lyric.
Image: Wikimedia Commons