Arsenio Hall’s latenight comeback stops after one season, CBS cancels his show

May 31 12:34 2014

Arsenio Hall’s talk show has been cancelled by CBS after just one season on air. The Apprentice winner attempted a comeback 20 years after having a successful late night show but it failed due to low ratings.

In a statement, Hall said he was grateful for just having the one year back on air that he had.

“I’m gratified for the year we’ve had and proud of the show we created,” he explained, Fox News reports.

As we previously reported, Hall’s show was actually renewed for a second season back in February but once the ratings started to drop, the future of the show didn’t look as bright as he had hoped.

CBS said in a statement, “While there are many loyal fans of the show, the series did not grow its audience enough to continue,” Vibe reports.

Hall took to Twitter to relay his disappointment, writing, “:-( I lost my job … AND The Clippers, in a 48 hour period! #badweek … Love y’all …”

image courtesy of



view more articles

About Article Author

Gina DiFalco
Gina DiFalco

View More Articles