The violence in Nigeria from extremist group Boko Haram has not let up as militants attacked three villages and killed 48 people between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.
According to the Associated Press, residents said that they hid during the ambush and watched while their homes were set ablaze by members of the group.
“We saw our village up in flames as we hid in the bush waiting for the dawn; we lost everything,” one resident said.
The latest attack came while rescue workers were still sifting through rumble to find the missing after two car bombs killed at least 118 people on Tuesday.
Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan said he blames Boko Haram for those bombings that went off in the city of Jos.
One of the three villages attacked was near Chibok, which is where the militant group abducted more than 300 girls from the Government Girls Secondary School last month.
U.S. and UK troops were deployed to the country earlier this month to assist in finding the kidnapped schoolgirls and halting the terrorism.