Keith Urban has been forced to make another statement on last week’s dangerous Mansfield, Massachusetts show. The country superstar said that he is “horrified” that a concertgoer has been accused of attempting to rape a 17-year-old girl during the show.
As we previously reported, Sean Murphy, 18, has pleaded not guilty to a charge of rape and is being held on $10,000 bail. Before that, the concert already grabbed headlines since over 20 people were rushed to a local hospital for treatment of alcohol-related illness.
On Thursday, Urban sent a statement to the Boston Herald, noting that he and his team were “horrified to learn of the events reported in Boston this past weekend and our hearts and prayers go out to all those affected.” The statement added, “This type of behavior stands in stark contrast to the spirit of our shows.”
WLWT in Cincinnati reported that Urban’s Thursday night show there went off without a problem. While officials for the venue said they didn’t beef up security, local police did add some extra officers.
“It could happen anywhere,” Sgt. Kevin Bley told WLWT. “You know, that’s something in the back of your head when you approach these different concerts.”
Urban is currently on his Raise ‘Em Up Tour. He will be returning to American Idol this winter.
image courtesy of Jennifer Graylock/INFphoto.com
Daniel S Levine is a longtime movie fan and a graduate of Hoftsra University. I also know just about everything you might need to know about Star Wars.