Donna Summer, who died today from cancer at the age of 63, is known, undisputedly, as the Queen of Disco. But as Billboard.com reports, her hits weren’t confined to the late 1970s, best known as the “disco era.” She cultivated an innovative songwriting style and together with her powerful and sensual vocals, influenced the dance music sector for decades. From moving ballads to the powerhouse anthems, Summer floored the world with her sensational style. Here is a list Top 10 Donna Summer songs that we’d like to look back on in remembrance of the Queen of Disco:
10. “Na Na Hey Hey” (1994), Na Na Hey Hey
9. “This Time I Know it’s For Real” (1987), a single from her album, Another Place and Time
8. “On the Radio” (1979); included on Summer’s first international compilation album, On the Radio: Greatest Hits Volumes 1 &2
7. “I Love You” (1977), a single off the Once Upon a Time album
6. “Last Dance” (1978), this hit appeared in the Thank God It’s Friday soundtrack
5. “She Works Hard for the Money” (1983), the first released single off the album with the same name.
4. “Dim All the Lights” (1979), off the Bad Girls album
3. “Love to Love You Baby” (1976), from the album with the same name.
2. “Bad Girls” (1979)
1. “Hot Stuff” (1979) Donna Summers’ most successful single.