This past year has brought many shocking celebrity divorces and break ups that many of us didn’t see coming! Over the years many celebrity couples that seemed to be living their lives together happily, ended suddenly. Here’s a look at the top ten former celebrity couples.
10. Jack Nicholson and Anjelica HustonNicholson’s longest relationship was of 16 years with Huston. Huston became famous for being known as Nicholson’s girlfriend. Their long-lived romance began to fall apart as they became Hollywood’s on-again, off-again couple. Their relationship came to a permanent end when the media revealed that Nicholson had impregnated model Rebecca Broussard. Huston then ended their relationship and refused to discuss the matter for some time.
9. Jennifer Aniston and Brad PittBrad and Aniston met in 1998 during a blind date set up by their agents. Two years later, the couple got married on July 92, 2000. During their wedding ceremony, Aniston took her vows with a non-traditional light, as she vowed to make Brad his favorite banana split. While this was the first marriage for both of them, the couple divorced in 2005 citing irreconcilable differences. In the midst of their divorce rumors began to spread that Brad was involved with Angelina Jolie.
8. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdamsThe two Notebook costars started a romance of their own in 2004. They met on set of the film and began their relationship after filming officially ended. The adorable couple won the “Best Kiss” award at the 2005 MTV Movie Awards. In 2007, rumors surfaced that the couple had split. After Gosling confirmed that their relationship ended in October 2007, the pair was spotted again together in 2008 when they began dating once again. Their second attempt at a relationship was long lived, as they confirmed in November of 2008 that they had broken up once again.
7. Justin Timberlake and Cameron DiazDiaz and Timberlake dated from 2003 to 2006. In 2004, the couple was photographed together outside of a hotel where they got in an altercation with the tabloid photographer. After this couple broke up, it was not the end fo their on screen romances. The two started in the 2011 comedy Bad Teacher.
6. Rachel Bilson and Adam BrodyBilson and Brody stared on The O.C. together and began dating in 2003. Their relationship lasted three years and in 2006 their split was announced. The adorable O.C. couple seemed to stay adorable even after their split. They were spotted together after rumors of their breakup, and after their split was confirmed, Bilson still referred to Brody as her best friend.
5. Chris Brown and RihannaWhen Rihanna and Chris began dating in 2008 they attempted to keep their relationship private. But when fans found out that the two hot singers were a pair, the public couldn’t get enough of them. Unfortunately, their relationship ended tragically in 2009 when Rihanna filed that Brown had physically harmed her. Brown was faced with assault charges. While the two are now known for their relationship, Brown is still facing public ridicule for his encounter with Rihanna. The two have seem to put their feud behind them however, as they have recently collaborated on Rihanna’s new track “Birthday Cake.”
4. Ashlee Simpson and Pete WentzSimpson and Wentz were married for a little over two years before their shocking divorce. Just days before their divorce papers were filed; the couple was photographed together and spotted flirting on twitter. After their marriage in 2008, the couple cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for their December 2011 divorce.
3. Derek Jeter and Minka KellyAfter a three-year relationship, Jeter and Kelly called it quits this past August. They began their relationship in 2008 and right before they announced their split, rumors surfaced of them getting engaged. Kelly was there to support Jeter for his 3,000th hit and was often spotted cheering him on during his games. Five months after their split rumors began that they may be getting together.
2. Jennifer Lopez and Marc AnthonyLopez and Anthony met for the first time during the late 90s. The two met backstage at Paul Simon’s 1998 Broadway show “The Capeman.” Lopez then started in Anthony’s video for “Contra La Corriente.” Anthony recorded the duet, “No Me Armes,” with Lopez on her breakthrough album in 1999. During this period the two briefly dated. After time apart the two found themselves together again in 2003. Lopez and Anthony were married on June 5, 2005 and had twins together, Emme Maribel and Mazimillian David in February of 2008. After seven years of marriage, the couple got a divorce in July of 2011.
1. Nick Lachey and Jessica SimpsonLachey and Simpson were married on October 26, 2002. The couple lived in Calabasas, California and showed the world their life together on their MTV reality series Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica. After three years of marriage, this celebrity couple ended their relationship. In 2005, the two presented the public with a statement explaining that their decision was mutual and that they still had a great amount of respect for one another.