With the 2012 Summer Olympics in full swing, there is plenty to watch and talk about. Men’s swimming is one of the hottest sports to watch and no one is hotter than Ryan Lochte, or as I like to call him, “Hottie Lamottie with the swimmer’s body,” and if you got that Lizzie McGuire reference circa 2001, then ten points for you! And for those of you that didn’t, well then let’s just move forward, shall we?
In honor of the superstar’s 28th birthday today, here’s a list of ten things that you maybe didn’t know about Ryan Lochte!
1. He’s a gangster in paradise: This one may be obvious if you watched the medal ceremony, but if you didn’t then this may come as a shock to you, but Ryan Lochte is about as legit as Kanye at the VMAs. He showed up sporting an American flag grill in his teeth. Yes, a grill, like the kind hip hop gods wear in their mouths in music videos, no wonder Lil Wayne is his favorite artist!!
2. Even Olympians can’t hold it sometimes: On the radio with Ryan Seacrest, Lochte admitted that he has peed in the pool at the Olympics. The swimmer said, “Not during the races, but I sure did before in warm-up.” So next time you take a dip and feel the urge, do as Lochte and let it go, just make sure I am no where near you when you do so!
3. He’s an animal lover: As if we didn’t have enough reason to love him, he loves animals too and has three dogs named, Tike, Zeus and Spidy! Something tells me, however, he won’t need to take the dogs for a walk to pick up chicks at the park.
4. Swimming runs in the family: Ryan’s father was his swim coach when he was a little swimmer at the Daytona Beach Swim Club. Looks like Dad did well coaching his son all the way to the Olympics!
5. He’s a “fashionisto” in training: According to USA Swimming website>, one of Lochte’s future goals is to design his own clothing line! Ryan, just make sure you make some in my size, please!!
6. He’s not the “love ‘em and leave ‘em” type: According to Us Weekly, Lochte said,” I’ve never done that and never have been like that, so I don’t want people to think that about me.”
7. He has a catchphrase: Every superhero does, right? And it is no different for this super swimmer. Whenever he is excited about something, you can often catch him yelling out, “Jeah!” in pure delight!
8. Foster the People aren’t the only ones with” Pumped Up Kicks”: Ryan designed his own shows for Speedo that are neon green with rhinestones and include his catchphrase. If his swimming didn’t get him noticed, those shoes sure would.
9. He’s a much better looking version of Richard Simmons: Ryan Lochte has his own workout DVD to get you in tip top Olympic shape in no time. The DVD features the olympian himself as well as his trainer teaching you how to get a strong core just like swimmers have. For more information on the DVD, which is coming out soon, check out RyanLochte.com.
10. He’s engraved to win big at the Olympics: Lochte has a tattoo of the Olympic rings on his inner right bicep. The Olympics have been a big part of Ryan’s life, and the tattoo is just a symbol of how dedicated this athlete is to the sport and the competition heard around the world!