Selena Gomez has taken the world by storm. Starting out on Disney, she furthered her career by breaking into singing and films. She is well known by all of her fans, but here are the top 10 things you may not know.
10. Selena was given a purity ring at the age of 12. This was partly because Selena’s mom had her at the young age of 16. Selena never took it off, but when she started to date Justin Bieber, the ring slowly phased out.
9. She enjoys eating lemons with salt, and has an obsession with pickles.
8. Her first kiss was with Dylan Sprouse when she guest starred on the Suite Life of Zack and Cody. She revealed that she closed her eyes too soon and missed half of his lip, which made the kiss very weird and awkward.
7. Selena has six rescue dogs: Wallace, Fina, Willie, Chip, Chazz and Baylor. She adopted the last one with Justin Bieber.
6. She was appointed a UNICEF Ambassador in September 2009. She is the youngest ambassador in the United States.
5. Selena was offered a role in High School Musical 3, but turned it down because she wanted to pursue more serious roles.
4. She started her own production company in 2008 called July Moon Productions.
3. She drinks olive oil in order to protect her voice. This is a trick that she learned from Kelly Clarkson.
2. Selena voiced 90 characters in Disney’s Horton Hears a Who. The 90 characters were the daughters of the Mayor of Whoville (voiced by Steve Carell). In the credits however, she is only credited for Helga.
1. Selena was attached to a spin-off of Lizzie McGuire called What’s Stevie Thinking. She was set to play Miranda Sanchez’s sister. Before she guest starred, she was also meant to be on a spin-off of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody playing Arwin’s niece, Chloe. Neither show was picked up.