It been six weeks since musical icon Prince was found unconscious and died in his Paisley Park estate and now we finally know what caused his untimely death.
The Associated Press reported that a law enforcement official confirmed tests have revealed the entertainer died of an opioid overdose.
As we previously reported, a 911 call was made on April 21 saying Prince was unconscious in an elevator of his home. Attempts to revive the “Purple Rain” singer were not successful.
Following his death and cremation, rumors began swirling that Prince was dependent on painkillers and an investigation into whether he was prescribed drugs and by who before he died began. A search warrant at the musician’s home was conducted, but so far the documents into those findings have not been made public.