Casey Anthony gives first interview since her acquittal

Six years ago, in a shocking decision, Casey Anthony was acquitted of the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. And now, for the first time since that stunning judgement, she is speaking out about her child’s death.

Despite the court of opinion believing the only scenario is that Anthony killed her little girl in 2008, the 30-year-old still insists that she has no idea how Caylee died.

“I’m still not even certain as I stand here today about what happened,” Anthony told the Associated Press. “Based off what was in the media, I understand the reasons people feel about me. I understand why people have the opinions that they do.”

But she doesn’t really care much about their opinions,

“I don’t give a s**t about what anyone thinks about me, I never will,” she said.  “I’m OK with myself, I sleep pretty good at night.”

Caylee was last seen on June 16, 2008 and wasn’t reported missing until a month later. Four months later that her tiny body was found in the woods near the Anthony home. No one else has ever been charged with the murder.

Just last week, Judge Belvin Perry, who presided over the trial said that he believes Anthony did kill her daughter, but that it wasn’t intentional.

Since Anthony still maintains her innocence, we may never get answers about what really happened; although the majority of the public has already drawn the same conclusion.

No Comments Yet

Comments are closed


Michelle Kapusta

At Large Senior Editor, Temple University graduate, Philadelphia resident and avid sports fan.