Every home cook has a knife preference. Some like to use paring knives for just about everything. Others like mid-range 5-inch utility knives. Me? I use 8-inch chef knives whenever I can.
Ergo Chef’s new SHINZUI chef knife is a great example why. It’s comfortable, strong and has enough space on the blade to swiftly maneuver ingredients off a cutting board. Oh, and it can cut!
The variety of things I used it for included hard and soft vegetables and meat. The precision I was able to achieve slicing onions to caramelize was impressive. A word of advice, keep your fingers tucked in so you don’t lose one.
This company says the knife was designed for precise slicing through all types of food product with a newly developed Japanese Super Steel blade with a patented design. The Japanese VG10 steel blade has 33 layers of softer Damascus steel per side for a beautiful one-of-a-kind pattern with each knife & a hard center core of VG10 Super Steel hardened to 60 HRC for long edge life.
It has a precision 15-degree cutting edge per side to provide easy cuts through vegetables, fruit, red meat, poultry, pork and fish.
This is definitely one of those knives you’ll use for a long time.
- Damascus Blade Made in Japan: VG10 Japanese Super Steel Core with Our Custom Damascus Layer Patterns – Each knife pattern will be slightly different. VG10 is a high carbon Japanese steel known for its samurai sharp edges and tough long lasting sharpness.
- Edge: Double beveled 15 Degree’s per side for incredible strength and smoothest cuts through toughest foods.
- Heat Treat: 60 HRC for superior long lasting sharpness and durability. Tempered to perfection.
- Handle: Black G10 fiberglass resin composite with red G10 stripes down both sides of the full tang. A Mosaic center rivet and 2 stainless steel rivets complete the look and are polished for beauty. The G10 handle is one of the world’s strongest materials for lifetime of worry free use.
- Blade Length: 8″
- Blade Height: 2.25″
- Blade Thickness: .090″
- Handle Length: 4.9″
- Handle Width: .880″
- Handle Belly Height: 1.120″
- Weight: 9.5 Oz.