- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
After encountering a brain aneurysm and accidentally overdosing last month, Tila Tequila entered a treatment facility and now she's opened up to Us Weekly about what exactly happened.
The former television personality was discovered by her roommate when she arrived home in the wee-morning hours. She found Tequila "slipping in and out of consciousness" so she immediately called 911 and that is when it was discovered that Tequila had suffered an aneurysm.
"I can remember feeling like the bones were popping out the side of my head [because] the pain was so bad. I took some medications and tried to go for a nap, but when I woke up I was vomiting. I really thought I was going to die," she told Us Weekly exclusively.
That one incident has Tequila preaching a new life. After entreating the Palms Partners Treatment Center in Florida, the A Shot at Love star says, "Honestly, I feel like I have been reborn. I should have died and feel blessed to have another chance at life and I intend to grasp it. I got excellent treatment and I did a total detox of all substances and medications. This was really tough but I managed to do it."
This whole ordeal was an eye-opening experience that Tequila is appreciative of. While in treatment, she took part in counseling sessions which she says helped her "wipe the slate clean" as she talked about "things" she normally wouldn't talk about.
While attending supportive groups and listening to other patients' problems, Tequila admitted, "This whole experience has made me think about going back to school and taking psychiatry classes as I feel like I could really help people who have issues."
She also added, "It's odd because what I went through was totally horrible, but I'm glad that I did because it has given me a new lease on life."
Earlier last month, reports surfaced that the pint-sized star had tried to kill herself in an apparent suicide-overdose.
According to E! Online, those rumors were not accurate, as she did not try to jump out of her bedroom window after downing two bottles of pills as multiple online gossip sites had reported.