- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
This Sunday marks the one-year wedding anniversary of the royal couple known fondly as Will and Kate. Since their most extravagant (and televised) red-carpet-walk down the aisle at the Westminster Abbey when the longtime couple finally tied the knot on April 29, 2011, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have posed on many red carpets donning classic designer duds.
10. In June, Prince William and Princess Kate attended the 10th ARK Gala at the Kensington Palace in England. Wearing a gown by one of her favorite designers, Jenny Packham, Kate shimmered in a sequined dress next to her tuxedo-clad hubby.
9. The newlyweds attended an official welcoming ceremony honoring their tour of Canada — their first royal assignment together — at Rideau Hall Government House in Ottawa, Canada. The Duchess worse a simple black lace dress by Erdem.
8. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William were the guests of honor at a private reception at the British Consul-General’s residence in Los Angeles last July. Catherine wowed in a Kelly green Diane von Furstenberg dress while William looked dapper in a navy suit and red striped tie.
7. Looking classy as ever, the royal couple attended the Foundation Polo Challenge at the Santa Barbara Polo and Racquet Club where the Duchess of Cambridge wore another Jenny Packham dress. Prince William, who played in the match on Team Royal Salute, wore white pants and a shirt with a navy blazer prior to the game.
6. Donning a lavender chiffon dress by the same designer who made her famous wedding gown, Alexander McQueen, Kate walked down the red carpet next to her princely husband at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) awards at the Belasco Theatre in Los Angeles.
5. As host of a charity dinner at St. Jame’s Palace in London for the National Memorial Arboretum Appeal, the princess opted for a flowing one-shoulder chiffon gown by Jenny Packham, accented by a pin of the royal flower, the red poppy. William looked handsome in a three breasted tuxedo.
4. Looking sexy in a black velvet Alexander McQueen strapless dress and diamond-encrusted necklace, Catherine attended The Sun Military Awards with the royal brothers, William and Harry.
3. In a bold dress that matched the red carpet, Catherine stood by her husband at a black tie charity dinner held by the charity "100 Women in Hedge Funds" in London. Her silk jersey gown with a tie around the waist was the coveted Beulah London "Sarai" gown.
2. Always the gentleman, Prince William held an umbrella for his princess bride at the premiere of War Horse in London on a rainy January evening. Kate wore a floor length black lace gown by Alice by Temperley.
1. While attending the UK premiere of African Cats in Southbank, London, the princess looked gorgeous in a turquoise-adorned gray dress by UK designer Matthew Williamson.