- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Sage Stallone, the 36-year-old son of actor Sylvester Stallone, was found dead Friday in his home in Los Angeles.
TMZ reports his death was due to a drug overdose. Authorities reported finding empty prescription bottles at the scene of his death.
Stallone’s mother, Sasha Czack, went to Stallone’s home to identify the body. She claimed the only empty bottles she saw were empty cream soda bottles.
Long time friend and attorney George Braunstein does not believe drugs played a part in Stallone’s death, saying he’d never seen him take a drug or even a drink.
"Never, no, not from the day I met him," Braunstein said. "I never knew him to drink alcohol. I never saw him take drugs. I never knew of anything like that at all."
"I'm going to wait to see what the coroner says," Braunstein went on. "I think it was either natural causes or a terrible accident. I don't think it had anything to do with drugs, he wasn't that kind of guy. He wasn't anyone trying to take his life."
Braunstein added, "His mother is devastated. They're trying to sort everything out and plan a funeral. [Sylvester] called, he's upset too. They may be celebs, but they're regular parents. It's tragic."
Stallone had plans to get married and make a movie in the coming months.
Police told E! News there were no signs of forced entry or foul play, although the investigation is still ongoing.