- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Last week, Lindsay Lohan found herself wrapped up in another case of stolen jewelry after she was interviewed by police in connection with a robbery during a sleepover Aug. 19. Although she was not initially considered a suspect, she was later reportedly named one. Her father, Michael Lohan is calling the whole story bogus and a “witch hunt.”
As we previously reported, Lindsay was sleeping over at a Hollywood Hills home on Aug. 19. When the guests woke up the following morning, the owner claimed that jewelry was stolen. Everyone, including Lindsay, was interviewed and Lindsay was reportedly fully cooperative. When the incident was first reported, she was not named a suspect.
However, TMZ reported Saturday that she was named a ‘person of interest,’ since police believe that it was the friends she let into the party who stole the $100,000 worth of jewelry.
On Monday, the story took another twist when TMZ reported that Lindsay was now a suspect, but the homeowner, Sam Mangold, has recanted the whole story. He now says that nothing was stolen, but the police aren’t buying it. Sources told TMZ that the investigation is still going on since they have witnesses who say that Lindsay and assistant Gavin Doyle were connected to the theft.
Meanwhile, Michael Lohan has taken to Twitter to slam the reports, adding that they “will prove that this is another witch hunt.”
“I will NOT let Lindsay go down for this. I have Irrefutable PROOF from the owner himself that he said NOTHING was stolen! Typical tabloid BS,” he wrote. He tweeted to RumorFix that he has “plenty” of evidence to back up his statements.
“why don't the police go looking for the dealers, rapist,murderers and the garbage in the Hills using kidnapped kids as sex slaves,” he wrote.
On Tuesday, it was also reported that police are looking to determine if she lied to the cops about her June car crash when she said she wasn’t driving.