- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
At the beginning of their careers, many celebrities starred in some Halloween classics. From Jessica Alba to Johnny Depp, no matter where their career has taken them today, many well known actors and actresses got their start in this season’s best-known thrillers. Here’s a look at ten celebrities that enjoyed playing the role of one of Halloween’s creepy characters.
10. Renee Zellweger starred in the 1994 film, The Return of the Texas Chain Saw Massacre. In this classic horror film, a group of friends end up being terrorized by a masked chainsaw murderer.
9. In the 1989 horror film, Cutting Class, a young Brad Pitt starred as a high school student who became a lead suspect in a murder mystery.
8. After discovering her unnatural ability to communicate with insects, a girl realizes that her powers can be used to solve a series of murders. Jennifer Connelly played the young girl with abnormal abilities in the 1985 film, Phenomena.
7. Katherine Heigl played a teenage girl named Jade in 1998’s Bride of Chucky. The Chucky doll possessed by a serial killer finds a way to revive another into the body of a female doll.
6. In the beginning of her career, Jennifer Aniston played a teenage girl named Tory Reding who was being terrorized by an evil leprechaun in the 1993 film, Leprechaun.
5. In 1998, Hilary Duff starred in one of her first movies, Casper Meets Wendy. Duff played a young witch Wendy, who teams up with Casper the ghost to defeat an evil warlock.
4. Sarah Jessica Parker starred as one of three witches who are resurrected in Salem Massachusetts on one spooky Halloween night. She was cast as Sarah Sanderson, in the 1993 family Halloween film, Hocus Pocus.
3. Twin sisters, Tia and Timara Mowry, played two teenage witches who get reunited after being separated at birth. On their 21st birthday, the two find out of their magical powers and must save the witch world from darkness in the 2005 Disney Channel movie Twitches.
2. in the 1990 film, Edward Scissorhands, Johnny Depp played a misunderstood man who has scissors for hands.
1. A young Jessica Alba starred in the 1999 thriller, Idle Hands about a boy whose hand becomes possessed with the desire to murder.