- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Hurricane Sandy has come and gone, but the aftermath of her fury has left New York City and surrounding areas devastated. Check out which celebs are continuing to deal with the effects of the storm’s nasty wrath.
10. Naomi Watts – The actress has been keeping a low profile at the Mark Hotel, located on the Upper East Side, where she’s waiting for the OK to head back home.
9. Jonah Hill – The Superbad star is taking it easy at the Mark Hotel as well, waiting for the Big Apple to get back to normal.
8. Russell Crowe – Adding to the A-list clientele, Crowe is holed up at the Mark Hotel as he continues to wait out the revival of NYC.
7. Donnie Wahlberg – the former New Kids on the Block singer suffered a huge disaster when his entire apartment was flooded out, losing everything. But he continues to remain hopeful, tweeting, “When I stop and think of what others are dealing with now, and many others have survived before, I am overcome with humility and admiration.”
6. Ed Burns – The actor and father of two was seen riding his scooter in the Tribeca neighborhood last week, sporting a bright yellow backpack filled with goodies and supplies for his wife, Christy Turlington and their kiddos. Earlier that morning, he tweeted, “Still without power in lower Manhattan. Walking streets early this morning felt like a ghost town.”
5. Sarah Jessica Parker – Despite the seemingly barren disaster zone, the Sex and the City star was spotted Thursday taking a stroll around her West Village neighborhood. Her husband, Matthew Broderick, was not seen with her, but it could be because he’s starring on Broadway in Nice Work If You Can Get It.
4. Kelly Ripa – The Live! with Kelly & Michael co-host is also waiting the recovery process out at the Mark Hotel.
3. Michelle Williams & Jason Segel – The adorable couple, along with Michelle’s daughter Matilda, had to leave their apartment building in Red Hook, Brooklyn after floodwaters surrounded the exterior, destroying a grocery store on the ground floor of the complex. Per U.K.’s Daily Mail, the family of three are staking it out at Michelle’s Brooklyn brownstone, which sits on higher ground.
2. Emma Stone – Like Kelly Ripa and the others mentioned above, the Crazy, Stupid, Love star is also taking refuge at the Mark Hotel while she waits for hurricane debris and destruction to clear up.
1. Katie Holmes & Suri Cruise – The mommy-daughter duo was forced to evacuate their ritzy apartment complex located in Chelsea for fears of potential flooding. According to the Huffington Post, a resident of the apartment said, “Suri and Katie stood it out as long as they could. Most folks stayed in the building over night and most of the next day until the water went out, making it impossible to even flush the toilet. At that point everyone, including Katie and Suri, left.”