‘Dancing with the Stars’ host Brooke Burke-Charvet tells fans she is ‘totally OK’ before thyroid cancer surgery

By Daniel S Levine,

Dancing with the Stars co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet updated her fans on how she is doing Tuesday, following her revelation last week that she is going to have thyroid surgery.

Last week, Burke-Charvet told fans that she will have to undergo a thyroidectomy after being diagnosed following a physical.

“Doctors say this is a good kind of cancer to have,” she said in the video posted on her ModernMoms.com blog. “Good cancer! That sounds so crazy. But my doctor did tell me this is a happily-ever-after ending kind of thing. I'm going fight through this.”

As promised, on Tuesday, she provided her first update, reports People.

Burke-Charvet said that she had just finished responding to emails and messages of support and that she read every post on her blog. “The stress and anxiety that I’ve been feeling is now outweighed by love and support, and it is overwhelming in the most beautiful way,” she wrote.

“I want to assure everyone that my condition is manageable and I am taking all the proper steps. I never thought I would be applauded by my courage to share the news in a home video,” she continued. “Truth is, I was pretty scared about what the response would be. But I want you all to know that I feel great, my condition is manageable, and I am planning on a speedy recovery.”

She concluded her post by writing, “Please know that I am totally ok,” noting that she is already getting ready for tonight’s DWTS results show.

“I can feel all the love and support that has come from far and wide which makes me feel fantastic,” she wrote. “No worries….see you tonight!”

image: YouTube

Fun Stuff

 
Trending Across the Web
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads