- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Oh, holidays! Oh, holidays! How lovely are your carols! With December 25 merely weeks away, there’s nothing like an uplifting, jolly holiday-themed playlist to get you in the mood. Check out our 10 favorite Christmas songs, which are sure to fill your heart with holiday cheer all season long.
10. ”Frosty the Snowman” by Jackson 5: Not only is this jingle a holiday classic, the Motown beats and high-pitched riffs of Michael Jackson make it all the more cooler – no pun intended.
9. ”Winter Wonderland” by Michael Bublé: Ah, Michael. His voice is smooth, jazzy and just a tad bit sexy. The perfect combination for a cozy, warm-hearted Christmas song. We wouldn’t mind if he sang to us all December long.
8. ”Rockin’ Around the Christmas” Tree by Brenda Lee: The rock n’ roll style of this upbeat track makes decorating the Christmas tree all the more fun.
7. ”Christmas In the Sand” by Colbie Caillat: You’ve got to love Colbie for managing to keep the holiday toasty and Californianized every year. This song makes spending Christmas on a beach with Santa sound more than appealing.
6. ”Where Are You Christmas?” by Faith Hill: This song, from The Grinch, is not only fun to sing along to, it’s beautiful and makes you miss your family during the holidays.
5. ”Little Saint Nick” by The Beach Boys: Even though the song talks about dear ole’ Santa Claus, there’s nothing like a little Beach Boys over the holidays to make you feel as if you’re cruising along the beachy coast even if the temperature is below zero.
4. ”Christmas Eve” by Celine Dion: Come on. It’s Celine Dion! The Christmas season just isn’t complete without listening to at least one of the iconic singer’s tracks off her best-selling holiday album, These Are Special Times. This one is especially great if you’re celebrating with a special someone.
3. ”Silent Night” by Destiny’s Child: What’s Christmas without an ode to the reason for the season – Jesus Christ. Beyoncé’s voice, joined along with her former DC bandmates, is heavenly and peaceful, just as this song should be.
2. ”Jingle Bell Rock” by Bobby Helms: You may know this song best for its raunchy, dance-along adaptation in Mean Girls, starring Lindsay Lohan. Nevertheless, the jingle is a classic and makes you feel the urge to do as it says – dance around the Christmas tree.
1. ”All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey: Admit it. You’ve sang along to this song, attempting to hit Mariah’s ridiculous riffs and squeals, all the while pretending to look as sexy as she does twirling in the snow with Old Saint Nick. While it may be impossible to sound exactly like the singing diva herself, you can certainly mouth along and get in the holiday spirit.