- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
As the current season of NBC’s ‘The Voice’ dwindles down to eight final contestants, I thought it would be appropriate as well as enjoyable to take a look back at what I believe to be the best performances of this season so far. These videos come from a variety of different stages of the season, whether it be blind auditions, knockout rounds, battle rounds, or live rounds, I simply chose the best of the best. Take a look below:
10. Number ten is Avery Wilson, who I believe was taken off the show entirely too early. I think Wilson’s talent is almost unheard of for his age. This is Avery in his blind audition.
9. Number nine is a ‘diva off’ between current finalists Amanda Brown and Trevin Hunte. Cee Lo made a pretty pivotal mistake pairing these two to battle against one another-a decision that still leaves me pretty puzzled. Cee Lo ended up picking Trevin, but Amanda was lucky enough to get stolen by my favorite coach, Adam Levine.
8. Casadee Pope isn’t necessarily one of my favorites in the current top 8, but Casadee absolutely impressed me with her 90's throwback rendition of ‘Torn’ during the blind auditions.
7. I absolutely adore the top 8 finalist with southern pizazz, Cody Belew. While he can easily dazzle audiences with his hip thrusting and high energy stage presence, I found that my favorite performance was his more subdued rendition of ‘One More Try’ during the live rounds.
6. Number 6 is the incredibly talented De’Borah, who I wish was still on the show. This is De’Borah’s blind audition where she wowed audiences as well as the judges with a rendition of ‘Hey Soul Sister.’
5. Number five is the stunning blind audition for the unequivocally talented Trevin Hunte. Hunte sings ‘Listen’:
4. Number four is the blind audition for the adorable ex-football player from Louisana, Dez Duron. Dez sings ‘Sara Smiles’ and lands himself on Team Christina.
3. Number three goes to the extremely original, Nicholas David. His voice is smooth and pure and he delivers consistently impressive soul music.
2. The penultimate best performance goes to Amanda Brown. Amanda is so impressive to me because she sings interesting genre’s of music and delivers them with such raw incomparable talent. Here is Amanda singing ‘Stars’ last week
1. My personal favorite contestant is Amanda Brown, so I am going to be biased and put her performances as number two and number one. This performance from a few weeks back of ‘Dream On’ was so amazing that I was immediately sold and I became a huge fan.