- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
There’s something about a relationship between a starlet and a politician that gets people talking. Maybe it’s the sheer fantasy of it all or perhaps a desire to watch how it affects the careers of those involved. Whatever the reason, check out our 10 favorite celebrities who have dated a political figure.
10. Jeri Ryan & Jack Ryan – After divorcing form his actress ex-wife in 1999, the U.S. Senator resigned from the 2004 election after being linked to a sex scandal involving the sexy blonde.
Photo Courtesy of Twitpic
9. Maria Shriver & Arnold Schwarzenegger – The couple married in 1986 and had four children together, only to split in 2011 after the shocking revelation that the Terminator star and governor had birthed a child with the family more than a decade ago.
8. Cheryl Hines & Robert F. Kennedy Jr. – The Curb Your Enthusiasm star began cozying up with the father of Taylor Swift’s ex-boyfriend – Conor Kennedy – in the summer of 2012. A relationship between the two has yet to be confirmed.
7. Elizabeth Taylor & John Warner – The iconic actress was married to the U.S. Senator for five years before divorcing.
6. Barbara Walters & John Warner – The Senator moved on to romancing the journalist during the 80s after his marriage to Elizabeth Taylor ended.
5. Sandra Lee & Andrew Cuomo – The Food Network cooking queen met the current governor of New York in 2005 and continue to stay happily in love. They have three daughters together and – while not married – live in a shared home.
4. Marilyn Monroe & John F. Kennedy – Although the relationship between the A-listers was merely a rumor – never confirmed – the blonde beauty didn’t make the suspicions any less prevalent after singing a sultry rendition of “Happy Birthday” to the president at Madison Square Garden in 1962.
3. Sarah Jessica Parker & John F. Kennedy Jr. – The award-winning actress shared a short-lived romance with the hunky Kennedy before rising to fame on Sex and the City.
2. Taylor Swift & Conor Kennedy – Okay, so maybe the 18-year-old highschooler isn’t a politician. But he is related to one of history’s most famous – John F. Kennedy. The two lovebirds spent a glorious, adventure-filled summer together before splitting in October, following the release of Tay’s latest album, Red.
1. Sofia Vergara & Nick Loeb – The gorgeous Modern Family star met her soon-to-be hubby, a U.S. Ambassador, in 2010 before becoming engaged in the summer of 2012.