- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Barbra Streisand will appear opposite Seth Rogen in the upcoming The Guilt Trip, and the 70-year-old show business icon is now explaining why she took on the project.
It turns out the title is actually quite fitting, because Streisand says she would’ve felt guilty if she passed on it.
“[N]ice people to work with, and they gave in to what I was asking and the ability to work later and to not have to get up early in the morning and not have to travel so far to work and not go cross-country!" she told CNN as the reasons she accepted the offer.
"All of those things, and I felt totally guilty if I had turned that down,” she added.
At the film’s L.A. premiere on Tuesday, she gave another reason -- “It was a good script."
Furthermore, Deadline reports that executives over at Paramount made a mistake when they submitted a version of a promo for the film in advance that touted a Golden Globe nod for Streisand, although she never got one.
They explained the blunder with a statement that read, “Given Barbra’s incredible performance in the film, there was certainly every hope in our mind that she would be duly recognized this morning. Like all studios, we create many advertising spots in advance of they key award nomination announcements so we are prepared in the event of a nomination. One such spot was inadvertently posted online and immediately taken down.”