Fleetwood Mac announces world tour dates that will kick off spring 2013

By Gina DiFalco,

On Tuesday, Fleetwood Mac announced new tour dates for 2013.

Starting off in Columbus, Ohio on April 4, Stevie Nicks and the band will go on a global tour. Tickets will begin to be on sale Dec. 14 and their rehearsals start on Feb. 15.

"It's the perfect time to go back out," Nicks told Rolling Stone. "2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac."

Lindsey Buckingham goes on to explain that "We always have to play 'Dreams,' 'Rhiannon,' 'Don't Stop,' 'Tusk,' 'Big Love,' 'Landslide' and all our most famous songs,” adding that 75 percent of it will be their established hits and the other 25 percent of the show will give them room to show off songs that have been “under-explored.”

"We actually have two new Fleetwood Mac songs that I cut with Lindsey two weeks ago we might play,” Nicks said. She added of Buckingham, “I got to hang out with his family and his kids, his grown up kids, and really connect with him again. We’re pretty proud of what we have done, and we’re looking at it through the eyes of wisdom now, instead of through the eyes of jealousy and resentment and anger."

"If everything goes will we'll be in Europe doing festivals this summer," Nicks said. "Then we'll actually tour Europe, which is different than just doing festivals. Then we might do fifteen or so shows in Australia."

She also told Reuters "It's never going to be a final tour until we drop dead," adding,. "There's no reason for this to end as long as everyone is in good shape and takes care of themselves."

Fun Stuff

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads