- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Kevin Clash, the former Elmo puppeteer who was forced to resign last month following allegations of sexual abuse, has been hit with a third lawsuit from another accuser. This is the fourth man to come forward to claim that he had underage sex with Clash.
The fourth accuser filed the lawsuit in New York on Monday, alleging that he was “16 or 17” when he had “sexual contact” with Clash, reports E! News.
The plaintiff identifies himself as S.M. and John Doe throughout the suit and claims that he met Clash in Miami Beach in 1995 or 1996. They became friends and remained close even when Clash went back to New York. John Doe says that over the phone, Clash promised that he would pay for his trips to New York and to be a “'dad' to him.”
John Doe finally made it to New York in early 1996 and when he met Clash, they “had sexual contact on multiple occasions.” He says he had no idea that Clash was the man behind Elmo. He says he suffered “severe injuries, including but no limited to mental, personal and psychological trauma,” which he is still dealing with. He wants at least $75,000 in damages.
Attorney Jeff Herman is representing John Doe and the two other accusers in the first lawsuits.
Clash was sued by another John Doe who Herman said plans on writing a book about his experiences with Clash. The first lawsuit came a week earlier from Cecil Singleton, who filed a $5 million lawsuit.
Sheldon Stephens was the first person to accuse Clash of having underage sex with him, although he later recanted and reached a settlement with Clash.