- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
2012 proved to be a Hollywood baby boom as it blessed numerous celebrity couples with additions to their families just in time for the holidays. Many celebs welcomed their first child this year, and shared their bundles of joy with the world.
Here’s a look at some of the many adorable celebrity babies that were born in 2012.
10. On March 22, singer-actress Hilary Duff gave birth to her baby boy, Luca Cruz. This is the first child of Duff and husband of 18-months, Mike Comrie. Duff shared the news of Luca’s birth with her eager fans on Twitter. “Welcome to the world, Luca Cruz Comrie! Tuesday evening, we became proud parents of a healthy 7 pound, 6 ounce beautiful boy.”
9. On August 8, former Laguna Beach star, Kristin Cavallari, welcomed her first son with fiancé Jay Cutler. The couple named their baby boy, Camden. “Being a mom is the most incredible feeling. I am so in love with this little boy!” The reality star tweeted.
8. On August 25, Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi gave birth to her first child. Baby Lorenzo is now the reality star’s main focus. Snooki and fiancé, Jionni LaValle told E! News that they are extremely excited to celebrate the holidays together as a family.
7. Vanessa Minnillo and Nick Lachey welcomed their first child on September 12. The baby boy, weighing 8lbs 9oz, is named Camden John Lachey. Nick spoke with E! News a month after the birth of Camden about the ups and downs of parenthood. “I didn’t come in with any expectations other than it would be incredible. It’s a journey, a new surprise, a new experience, a new expression. It’s been great.”
6. On September 12, Brazilian Victoria’s Secret model, Adriana Lima, gave birth to her baby girl, Sienna Jaric in New York City. This is Lima’s second child with husband, Marko Jaric. The model announced her baby’s birth to her fans on Twitter soon after. “Marko and I are overjoyed to welcome Sienna into our family and Valentina is looking forward to becoming a big sister!”
5. Olive Barrymore Kopelman was welcomed into the world on September 26. Olive is the first child to couple Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman. Soon after giving birth, Barrymore and Olive were featured on the cover of People Magazine.
4. On September 27, actress Megan Fox and her husband, actor Brian Austin Green, welcomed their first child to the world. The couple named the baby boy, Noah Shannon Green. In October Fox released a statement on her Facebook page, introducing her child to her fans. “We are humbled to have the opportunity to call ourselves parents to this beautiful soul and I am forever grateful to God for allowing me to know this kind of boundless immaculate love.”
3. Also on September 27, actress Reese Witherspoon gave birth a baby boy with husband Jim Toth. Tennessee James Toth is Witherspoon’s third child, and first with Toth. Immediately after giving birth, Witherspoon’s two other children met their new baby brother. “The kids met the baby the first day at the hospital,” a source had told Us Weekly. “Deacon is excited to have a brother. And Ava can’t wait to babysit!”
2. True Blood stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer were blessed with twins this year. In September, reports were made that Paquin gave birth two her twins a few weeks early, but in good health. These are the couple’s first children. While the couple has been trying to keep details of the babies out of the press, E! News reported that the twins are a boy and a girl.
1. Quarterback, Tom Brady, and supermodel, Gisel Bundchen welcomed their second child on December 5. The baby girl is named Vivian Lake. Bundchen announced on her Facebook page that her daughter was brought home on the Wednesday following her birth. “The birth of Vivian is a feeling like no other, better than any Super Bowl win,” tweeted Brady.