- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
I’m all about a good laugh. So naturally my favorite activity is to grab a bag of popcorn and sit down with a group of friends and watch my favorite type of movie. I’m a sucker for a great comedy, especially the ones that came out this year. To help out all my other comedy loving viewers, I’ve compiled a list of this year’s top 10 comedies.
10. The Watch: Four funny men come together and form a neighborhood watch, but end up defending the world from an alien invasion.
9. That’s My Boy: Andy Samberg and Adam Sandler team up as a rough father and son combo. The two try to make amends before the wedding of Samberg, but nothing is easy for these two as they try to build their relationship.
8. The Dictator: The story of dictator General Aladeen of the Republic of Wadiya visiting the United States and his many adventures in the land of the free.
7. Wanderlust: Stressed with their New York lives, George and Linda travel to Elysium, a unique community that goes against everything the couple has stood for and they begin to question what really makes them happy.
6. For A Good Time Call: This comedy follows to completely opposite roommates who decide to go in and work together on a phone sex hotline.
5. The Campaign: Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis go head to head in this political comedy. Both politicians run against one another in this outrageous comedy.
4. American Reunion: The American Pie cast comes together years after graduation in this comedy. The original movie stars reunite to reminisce about their crazy, hormonal teenage years.
3. Pitch Perfect: Introduces “Fat Amy” to the world. The comedy revolves around a campus singing group that goes above and beyond to have their voices heard.
2. 21 Jump Street: This movie stars two of my favorite actors: Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum. This dynamic duo is both mildly inappropriate and outrageously funny. The two star as undercover cops in this television remake that involves original cast member Johnny Depp (cameo).
1. Ted: This comedy welcomes Mark Wahlberg and Ted his loving, foulmouthed drinking childhood teddy bear. This comedy revolves around a best friend, who needs to grow up.
I can’t wait to see what 2013 has in store for us comedy lovers!
Photos Courtesy of TwitPic.com