|

Robert Rodriguez talks ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For,’ confirms that Bruce Willis will be back

By Daniel S Levine,

Bruce Willis is coming back to Sin City. In an interview at the Sundance Film Festival, director Robert Rodriguez talked enthusiastically about Sin City: A Dame to Kill For and confirmed that Willis is coming back.

“Bruce is back, you'll be seeing him,” Rodriguez told MTV News at the festival. While he didn’t have a new film being screened, his El Mariachi was being celebrated on its 20th anniversary.

His interview followed several exciting casting announcements over the past couple of weeks. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was announced as a new cast member and more actors joined last week.

Rodriguez told MTV that Gordon-Levitt will play “a very cocky gambler who comes in and tries to beat the biggest villain in Sin City at his own game” and stars in a segment called The Long, Bad Night. “You have to start with someone very likable so that you're like, 'No! Not him, not him,’” he teased.

Several actors, including Juno Temple and Ray Liotta, have already filmed their scenes. “There are some characters from the book [in the mix],” he said. “Fans will be surprised.”

Rodriguez and Sin City creator Frank Miller still have to find an actress to play the “Dame,” Ava Lord. “We have some choices in mind, but we haven't finalized the casting...She doesn't shoot for a couple of weeks.”

A Dame to Kill For will be released in 3D on Oct. 4.

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads