|

Sharon Osbourne's house fire caused by candle

By Shay Trotter,

Sharon Osbourne and husband Ozzy woke up to a rather frightening image Thursday morning: a fire in the living room of their Beverly Hills mansion.

E! Online reported that later that day while on The Talkshe shared the story of what happened.

Osbourne explained, "My eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up something weird smelling in here, then my dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room—the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding."

She continued, "I go into the kitchen to get water and throw the water on it, with the doors open and the water it erupted! It erupted, Ozzy's hair from here to here, gone. And we are like two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do—go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on—we did it all."

Law enforcement told TMZ, that the fire department made it to the house before there was any significant damage, and no one had been hurt.

After the incident, Osbourne decided to offer some advice. "Please everybody always check all the candles lit in the house before going to bed. I didn't, and at 5am this morning I was met with 5 gorgeous men from the BH Fire Department as they put out the fire in my house," she told TMZ.

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads