- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Dubstep producer, Skrillex, celebrated his 25th birthday on Tuesday in Hollywood. He was in for a little surprise, though, when he was presented with his turntable-shaped cake. His hair nearly went up in flames.
As TMZ cameras caught at his birthday celebration, when Skrillex, real name Sonny Moore, leaned in to blow out his birthday candles, his hair got caught in a flame and his hair was briefly set on fire. One party guest noticed what was happening early, so Skrillex was able to put out the flame pretty quick.
He took the incident lightheartedly with a smile and a laugh and leaned right back in to finish blowing out the candles. He learned a lesson. This time, he made sure to hold his hair back.
He later joked about his hair catching fire on his Tumblr page.
“25 and Still alive…minus the lock of hair I lost in the flames of this birthday wish,” he wrote on his Tumblr page, where he also shared a photo.