- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
The Carrie Diares is a prequel to Sex and the City and centers on the main character, Carrie Bradshaw, and her life before she became the well-known fashion lover and writer. AnnaSophia Robb, known for her roles in Bridge to Taribithia and Soul Surfer, fits comfortably in Sarah Jessica Parker’s shoes. This is a show about the loss of innocence, exploring new places, and finding yourself combined with high end fashion, drama, and romance. What’s not to love? The show is fit for everyone from Sex and the City fans and newcomers alike! The Carrie Diaries airs on the CW, Mondays, at 8 p.m./7 p.m. central.
10. The show reminds us of our youth, bringing us back to the 80’s and for those who were not around in the 80’s, it gives us a glimpse into that era.
9. The fashion! Hello shoulder pads, big hair, and bright colored prints!
8. The issues the characters deal with are realistic and relatable such as your first love, first time having sex, loss of a loved one, and finding yourself.
7. The lovable best friends. They are forever loyal, funny, and spunky.
5. The family. We get to see where Carrie grew up and how she came to be the Carrie Bradshaw we know from the show The Sex and the City .
2. Drama. Evil nemesis, gender related issues, broken hearts, and different world colliding. The Carrie Diaries keeps you on your toes wondering what will happen next.
1. What would the show be without the sweet, curly-haired girl from Connecticut, Carrie Bradshaw? Anna Sophia Robb does justice to the character both young and old.