11-year-old boy dies of carbon monoxide poisoning during blizzard Nemo

By Camille Requiestas,

On Saturday, an 11-year-old boy died of carbon monoxide poisoning while waiting in a running car to stay warm from the blizzard.

The family car was under several feet of snow from blizzard Nemo, when the boy and his father began digging it out.

According to the Daily News, the boy and his father were shoveling snow in order to get their car free, when the boy became cold and retreated to the car.

Around 11:30 a.m., the boy became cold and moved inside the car in order to keep warm. The engine was turned on in order to create heat for the boy but the car was soon filled with fumes because the exhaust was covered with snow claims the Inquisitr.

The Examiner reports the boy being revived briefly when neighbors came to perform CPR but he ultimately could not be saved.

The boy’s father went into respiratory arrest and was sent to the Boston Medical Center where he remains today.

The 11-year-old boy’s death brings the death toll during the blizzard to seven people thus far.

Fun Stuff

 
 

Join Our Newsletter

Popular Threads