This year's fashion is calling for a timeless, classic look: the little black dress, black pump and red lip. But even the beloved classics need a bit of modernizing. Take a new approach to favorite classic makeup looks with the help of tips from Mary Kay Glam Squad Celebrity Makeup Artist Virginia Linzee.
The perfect modern brow makes a statement.
- Using a clean mascara wand or brow brush, brush the brow hairs downward
- Starting at the top of the brow, sketch quick, light strokes with Mary Kay Brow Definer Pencil, mimicking the direction that your natural hair grows
- Dampen a very thin angle brush like Mary Kay Angled Eye Brow Brush and dip into an eye shadow or brow powder that matches your natural brow color. Fill in any sparse areas using quick brush strokes
- Comb Mary Kay Brow Gel into brows in an upward motion to keep brows lifted and hairs in place
The “new neutral” is simple and sultry.
- Start with Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer on clear skin or Mary Kay TimeWise Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation on more uneven skin tones
- Using Mary Kay Eyeliner in Deep Brown, work the pencil into the upper lash line keeping the line thick near the outer eye and thinner as you near the inner corner. Soften the line using a smudge brush
- Sweep a mid tone eye shadow shade over the eyelid and blend into the crease. Blend softly under the lower lashes as well
- Using a darker shade like Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Truffle, blend shadow on the outer corner of the eye and over the liner. Be sure to blend well and fade the shadow out to avoid harsh lines. Finish off with Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara in Black.
- To keep this look super modern, skip the blush and instead, contour using Mary Kay Bronzing Powder. Then apply Mary Kay Mineral Highlighting Powder in Pink Stardust on the cheek bones near the temples, the bow of the lip, down the bridge of the nose and on the center of the chin
Finish off your updated classic look with Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Café Au Lait or Rich Spice.