- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
The Grammys is an important night for musical artists because they are recognized for their musical talents in 2012. The Grammys, premiering this Sunday and we as viewers expects to see performances from Pink, Maroon 5, Frank Ocean, Miguel, Ne Yo, and many more. The show's hosts are LL Cool J and Taylor Swift.
The Grammys website listed the artists who received most Grammy nominations in 2013. Based on the Grammys' list, these artists are considered to be the top 10. Some of the artists received the same amount of Grammy nominations but their musical genres are different.
So here's the Top 10! From low to high.
10. Tamia - Quincy Jones' former protegee, Grammy nominated singer-songwriter and wife of basketball legend, Grant Hill, Tamia made a huge comeback with her hit, "Beautiful Surprise," in 2012. She is also known for her number one hit to date, "So Into You, in 1998." She received two Grammy nominations for Best R&B album and Best R&B song.
9. Kelly Clarkson - Former American idol winner Kelly Clarkson received three Grammy nominations for her smash hit, "Stronger." Her biggest competitor is pop artist Pink since they are competing for the same category, Best Pop Vocal Album. The two other categories are Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance.
8. Nas There's shouldn't be an introduction for this veteran rapper, Nasir "Nas" Jones. Nas, an intellectual and pivotal figure in rap received four Grammy nominations, including Best Rap Performance, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration, Best Rap Song, and Best Rap Album. His biggest competitors are Jay-Z, Kanye West, Drake, and Rick Ross.
7. The Black Keys are an American rock band that has earned super stardom in a matter of minutes. They are truly honored that they received five nominations for their musical genre, rock.
6. Chick Corea- Jazz pianist and composer Chick Corea has been nominated for six Grammys for his jazz standards. Corea has been nominated 59 times throughout his career and he received 18.
5. Miguel - Known for his hit "Adorn," Miguel has a lot to be thankful in 2013. The song was number one on Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop charts. The musician and songwriter received five nominations including, Song of the Year, Best R&B Performance, Best R&B Song, and Best Urban Contemporary Album. His biggest competitors are Chris Brown, Elle Varner, and Frank Ocean.
4. Kanye West - West, a controversial but lyrical genius collaborated with rap icon, Jay-Z on several musical projects. And these projects have turned out to be successful since their hit, "Otis" in 2011-2012. Along with Jay-Z, he's up for six Grammy nominations.
3. Jay-Z has done it again! He has proven he is here to stay in rap. Up for six nominations with his friend and labelmate, Kanye West. Beyonce must be proud of her devoted husband.
2. fun., a pop band are known for their hit with Janelle Monae, "We are Young." They received six Grammy nominations on December 5th 2012, including, Best New Artist, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for "We Are Young," Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album for Some Nights.
1. Frank Ocean - R&B's new kid on the block, Frank Ocean is up for six Grammy nominations. The R&B singer-songwriter has written many songs for Justin Bieber and John Legend. He released his album, Channel Orange in 2012. He has three number one singles on the album, "Pyramids," "Thinkin' About You," and "Sweet Life." He was one of the first African American male R&B singers to reveal his sexual preference openly in a song.