- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
The Oscars are right around the corner and Les Miserables is more than likely to take home a few awards. This year, Anne Hathaway, who plays the part of Fantine, is nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role. Let's take a look back at the top ten films of her career.
10. Becoming Jane. Hathaway plays Jane Austen opposite James McAvoy, who plays her lover in this biographical film.
9. Rachel Getting Married. Hathaway plans Kym, a young woman returning home from rehab for her sister's wedding. She was nominated for an Oscar for this film in 2009.
8. One Day. Hathaway stars opposite Jim Sturgess as their lives are shown on the same date each year in this heartbreaking film.
7. Love and Other Drugs. Great film in which Hathaway plays a woman with Parkinson's who falls in love with a drug-rep played by Jake Gyllenhaal.
6. Valentine's Day. Perfect for the upcoming holiday, Hathaway is charming and funny as a phone sex operator trying to get by.
5. Alice in Wonderland. A beautifully made adaptation of the story of Alice in Wonderland in which Hathaway plays the White Queen.
4. The Princess Diaries. Although this may not be a masterpiece in the eyes of some people, I think it is a wonderfully funny film that opened up a lot of doors for Anne.
3. The Dark Knight Rises. Brilliant follow up to The Dark Knight which broke box office records. Hathaway is amazing as Catwoman.
2. The Devil Wears Prada. One of my all time favorite films. Hathaway is funny and relatable as Andy, a writer trying to make it in New York City who struggles with her internship at a huge fashion magazine.
1. Les Miserables. The hype about this film and all of the awards it is receiving speaks for itself.
Also be sure to check out our Bradley Cooper Top 10 list!
Videos courtesy of YouTube