- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Monster Beverage Corporation has stated that there is absolutely no evidence that a 14-year-old girl’s death was caused by the infamous Monster Energy drink.
Last year, the family of Anais Fournier tried suing the corporation after the teen drank two Monster Energy drinks within 24 hours and died from a cardiac arrest, as stated by The Associated Press.
Monster’s lawyers and two doctors have examined the teen’s medical records and have stated in reports that there is no direct relation to the drink, or its caffeine levels, and the girl’s death, as reported by Reuters.
It has been reported that the teen has been suffering from heart conditions ever since she was a child.
The family hopes for a jury to determine whether or not Monster is responsible.
“The fact that she went into cardiac arrest just hours after consuming the second twenty four ounce Monster energy drink is evidence that she died of caffeine toxicity,” Kevin Goldberg, Fournier’s family attorney, stated in an e-mail.