- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
The Backstreet Boys, known as BSB, are a pop band in the music industry who are known for their good looks, excellent vocals, and most importantly, the group distinctive personalities. The group consists of A.J, Howie, Nick, and two cousins, Brian and Kevin Richardson. The guys' career began in 1993 and now 20 years later, they are the biggest boy band of all time. Backstreet Boys sold 100 million records worldwide and they recorded numerous hits throughout the years. BSB recorded seven albums and they all reached the Top 10 on the Billboard 200 chart. Also, in the 1990s, they were "dream lovers" for teenage girls. Girls are still fans of the guys, but A.J and Howie were the favorites. In 2013, BSB received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Even though BSB experienced trials and tribulations as a group, they remained potent and strong. As a group, they recognize their common interests: their love for music and the love they have for each other.
Here's the Top 10 songs from the biggest boy band group!
10. "Inconsolable," This song is from their album, Unbreakable in 2007. The song is about a man feeling lonely and empty when the love of his life walks out on him. Also, the song exemplifies the guys' maturity as men because they were stepping out of their squeaky pop boy image.
9. "I'll Be the One," This song is from their album, Black and Blue . The overall theme of the song is a man telling a woman "I can be all of the things you want me to be for you." He's more than capable of being the best man in a woman's life.
8. "As Long As You Love Me," The song was from their debut album and it was the second single. The single was a big hit in the UK and it was on the Billboard Hot 100 for 56 weeks. The guys stress in the song that loving me is more important than the finer things in life or their lovers' past. They said in the song, "I don't care who you are, where you're from, what you did, just as long as you love me."7. "Shape of My Heart" This song is also from the Black and Blue album . It was a Grammy nominated hit in 2001 for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group. The single was also number one on the Billboard Top 40 mainstream chart and number #9 on the Billboard Hot 100.
6. "Everybody (Backstreet Back)," This single is an upbeat song from their self debut album in 1997. It is considered to be a popular dance song according to the game Dance Central 3. The single was also number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 for 22 weeks. It is one of their platinum selling singles. The single sold 2.1 million copies in the United States.
5."Larger Than Life," The single was the second hit from the Millennium album. Fellow band members, Brian Littrell, Max Davis, and Kristen Lundin wrote the song for the song. It is an upbeat song and is most known for the graphics in the music video. The production of the video was unique because the group was in a space setting. Producer Joe Rey thought about this concept because he said the video should have special effects and animation. It cost $2,100,000 to make the video.
4."Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely," This forlorn and sorrowful song is one of the best singles from the guys. It was released in 1999 and is from the Millennium album. The Grammy nominated song was recorded during a difficult time in the guys' life. Howie's sister died, Brian had surgery on his heart, and A.J lost his grandmother. But, that's the beauty of songwriting. Singers have an opportunity to reveal their innermost feelings in song. And the guys accomplished their goals when they recorded this song.
3. "Incomplete," This song was released during an important time in their career. The guys released the song after a three year hiatus. The guys believed they needed to come back because their fans had been loyal to them throughout the years. And fans were excited when they found out BSB were back in the studio. "Incomplete" was released in 2005 from their Never Gone album. The single was certified Gold but the single was successful in the United States.
2. "Quit Playing Games with My Heart," This song is also popular song that the guys recorded in the 1990s. It sold 2 million copies in the United States and is one of their best singles to date. It was number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song is about a man being fed up with his woman's game and antics in a relationship. In the song, the guys say, "Quit playing games with my heart before you tear us apart."
1. "I Want It That Way," This single was released in 1999 from their second album, Millennium . it was number one in 25 different countries. The song received various nominations: Grammys, MTV awards, and Billboard awards. It's their biggest single to date. Also, their video is considered to a classic video on MTV's former show, Total Request Live.