- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Work, taking care of the kids, errands, and chores...the day can get really busy! It can be difficult to find some extra time to get in a full workout. Here are a few tips on the little things you can do to stay fit and healthy.
10. When going somewhere, park far away. The farther you are, the more you’ll have to walk and the more you will burn calories.
9. When you can, take the stairs instead of the elevator.
8. Opt for water instead of soda next time you are thirsty. It has no calories and is refreshing for the skin and body.
7. When watching TV, do sit-ups, push-ups, and leg lifts during commercials.
5. Eat breakfast! Whether it is a granola bar or banana because you are in a hurry, breakfast is needed in order to keep you energized for the rest of the day. It also jump starts your metabolism.
4. If you have a one-on-one business meeting, suggest walking around while sipping on a smoothie. You can get some exercise and some sunlight!
3. You can even exercise and tone your muscles while lying in bed, as suggested by Extra TV host, Maria Menounos. You can do sit-ups in bed or leg lifts with a towel on your legs for extra weight.
2. Try to eat more fruits and vegetables. They supply good nutrients that fuel the body and keep it feeling energized and strong.
1. Keep moving! Anything you can do to keep moving can help burn calories and keep your heart healthy.