- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
2012 has been a great year for music. We saw breakout stars — like Fun., Carly Rae Jepsen and Gotye rise to the top of the singles chart and stay there for extended periods of time. Artists like One Direction, the Wanted and Psy certainly shaped the year as well. Established powerhouses like Maroon 5, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift only continued to expand their albums. Every week, it seemed, there was a new song, dance or video that practically begged for our attention. There was no shortage of truly memorable songs released in 2012, to the point where putting together a top 10 was nearly impossible. Here are the top 10 songs of 2012!
10. "Payphone" - Maroon 5 - Maroon 5 never ceases to amaze us with their heart-warming, love songs, but this song makes you just want to call that special someone and not second guess yourself about it.
9. "Glad You Came" - The Wanted - When the sun goes down, you know you want to turn up this jam! The song that makes you happy when that special someone comes in your life.
8. "Gagnam Style" - PSY - The dance anthem song of the year. It has become the biggest dance move all across the US. You know you know the dance by heart!
7. "Mercy" - Kanye West (featuring Big Sean, Pusha T and 2 Chainz) - This song got all the rhymes that akes you know each line word for word. Oh Kayne, you did it again!
6. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift - The anthem of the year. Really one of those Tay Swift songs that makes you stand up for yourself and realize you deserve better than that ex of yours!
5. "Starships" - Nicki Minaj - Oh, Nicki. You always put us in that upbeat mood. Doesn't this song just make you want to sail into the sky and have this song playing while you do it. Starship ride anyone?
4. "What Makes You Beautiful" - One Direction - Don't you just want every guy to sing this song to you? I know I would. This feel-good song makes all girls feel amazing, as you all should. Your beautiful!
3. "Somebody That I Used to Know" - Gotye (featuring Kimbra) - This weird, but yet, amazing song makes you think back to that person who may have forgotten about you and put you in their past.
2. "We Are Young" - Fun. - This song makes you just want to stay in your teen years forever and never grow up.
1. "Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen - Even guys love this song! This quirky, fun song puts everyone in a great mood.