- Special Features
- Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
After enjoying 10 seasons of makeovers, TLC’s What Not To Wear will give its last makeover this year. The final season is set to air on Friday nights beginning this July. Stacey and Clinton have sure seen some wacky senses of style through the years. Here’s a look back at their ten most memorable makeovers.
10. A music publicist from New York had lost 120 pounds before her friends and family believed she should be featured on the show. After losing a drastic amount of weight, Ellyn, felt she couldn’t recognize herself in the mirror, and chose not to dress in a way that would show off a body she didn’t feel was her own. Before her makeover, Ellyn had frizzy red hair and chose to wear clothes for comfort rather than style. After Clinton and Stacey took charge of her wardrobe, Ellyn completely transformed. The team gave her relaxed hairstyle and slipped her into some age appropriate classy clothing.
9. When the TLC crew showed up in San Francisco to find 20 year old Megan, what they found was not what they expected. The California based musician loved to wear childish T-shirts to make herself look younger. With a slight change in hairstyle and a drastic change in wardrobe, Megan was transformed into a beautiful young lady – who finally looked her age.
8. Clinton and Stacey knew that Shannon was in desperate need of their help when they received a call from her colleagues who were concerned about her style. The most drastic change Shannon underwent on her episode was a change in hairstyle. After cutting over 5 inches off of her hair, and adding a touch of makeup, Shannon was completely transformed.
7. Teresa of Season 8 chose to wear more masculine style clothing. She wore Crocks for comfort and wore shorts and tank tops on a daily basis. Although Teresa was a strong and self-confident woman, Stacey and Clinton felt that her style was hiding her confidence. Stacey and Clinton left her hair just how it was and only added a touch of makeup. This beautiful woman realized she was hiding behind her comfortably boyish clothing when the style team put her in more feminine clothing.
6. Thirty-nine year old Laurie was Massachusetts worked at a landscaping company and found that her job was much more important to her than her wardrobe. Her baggy clothing and messed hair added on the years. The most shocking part of Laurie’s makeover was her mullet, which she hadn’t cut in 15 years. Of course, the style team went ahead and cut off her longhaired mullet and gave her an edgy short cut that completely changed the way that she looked.
5. Although Eileen had a young looking face, her wardrobe added about twenty hears to her age. Although only 29, she chose to wear clothing that would be typical of someone in their 50s. The style team gave her modest clothing that would still make her look mature, but much more of her age. A short haircut and simple makeup also made Eileen look much younger.
4. One thing’s for sure, Kelly loves the 80s. When Kelly was featured in an episode, it was because her friends and family we worried by the fact that she chose not to change her wardrobe or hairstyle in 25 years. While Kelly agreed to try out a different style of clothing, it was difficult for the team to convince her to change her hairstyle. When Kelly finally gave in, hairstylist Nick Arrojo kept Kelly’s hair long, but flattened it down and gave her bangs.
3. Twenty-five year old Tara, from season six, was a very fit swimmer who hoped to make it to the Olympics. While swimming was her life, she found it hard to find clothing that she felt looked right on her broader built shoulders. After Clinton and Stacey gave her a makeover, Tara’s confidence improved greatly. After slipping into a colorful dress and white heels, Tara’s image of herself transformed.
2. In season three, Kristy chose to wear no color, other than black. Struggling with body image concerns, Stacey and Clinton had to show Kristy that there was no reason for her to hide behind her black turtlenecks. Convincing her to branch out of her comfort zone of style, the team helped her realize her potential.
1. Season eight’s work at home mom, Amanda loved to wear comfortable clothes and hardly ever stepped out of her sneakers. The thirty two year old mom developed body issues and felt more comfortable wearing baggy sweat suits than anything else. The style team showed her that she could still be a mom and look stylish.