- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Many were floored in 2004 when actress Gwyneth Paltrow and her Coldplay singer husband Chris Martin announced that they would name their first child Apple. Nearly a decade later and the celebrities keep on coming up with some names that even trump the delicious fruit name the 9-year-old holds. Today we look back at some of the craziest and oddest names. Although there are many, these are the worst in our eyes.
10. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes had people talking when they opted to name their daughter Suri. Although the name “Suri” means popularity- her name was only popular with the public as a really bad name.
9. Numb3rs actor Rob Marrow and wife Debbon Ayer received backlash in 2001 when they named their daughter Tu…yes this young girl's name is Tu Marrow.
8. Zuma Nesta Rock, son of No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani and Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale welcomed Zuma in 2008, he is little brother to Kingston.
7. Beyonce and Jay-Z stirred headlines when they named their new baby daughter Blue Ivy.
6. Alicia Silverstone was clearly Clueless when she gave her newborn son the name Bear Blu
5. Kal-El is not from the destroyed planet Krypton, but from Earth. Born to Face/Off actor Nicolas Cage and wife Alice Kim.
4. Actress Shannyn Sossamon named her son Audio Science. We are still scratching our heads.
3. Jamie Oliver and wife Jools welcomed son Buddy Bear in 2010. Yes, that is his name - not a nickname.
2. Playboy beauty Holly Madison and boyfriend Pasquale Rotella welcomed their first child together last week. Fans were thrilled for the former Girls Next Door turned Las Vegas showgirl, until she announced the name of her daughter- Rainbow Aurora. She has since received a ton of backlash, which she continues to defend.
1. Actor Jason Lee named his son, Pilot Inspektor, almost guaranteeing the child a long life of ridicule.
Other notable names that almost made the list include:
Moxie Crimefighter, daughter of Penn Jillette, Jermajesty Jackson, son of Jermaine Jackson and Moon Unit and Thin Muffin, children of Frank Zappa.
image credits: INFDaily/Facebook/Holly Madison’s Instagram