- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
The latest development in the Farrah Abraham-James Deen sex tape circus is that the Teen Mom star has changed her mind and doesn’t want the tape to be produced after all.
On Monday, TMZ spoke to Steve Hirsch, the founder and co-chairman of Vivid Entertainment porn production company, who seemed enthusiastic about the tape’s best-selling potential.
Hirsch said, “It's amazing ... and I'm doing everything in my power to get the rights to put it out.”
However, TMZ updated the story today, reporting that Abraham’s lawyer sent a cease and desist letter warning Hirsch not to make any more moves towards releasing the tape.
The letter reads, “Ms. Abraham retains ownership rights in this video and any unlawful conduct could infringe on those rights."
Abraham had been slowly backtracking on the sex tape throughout the week.
She reluctantly confirmed the tape’s existence on Monday, but then told Us Weekly on Wednesday that she was upset that her co-star, Deen, hadn’t kept it on the down low.
“After seeing James speaking about my personal video as a porn and not even contacting me before running his mouth, I have to say I am very disappointed,” Abraham said.
She continued, “I wanted my own personal video made and photos taken for myself. When I am older I will have my best year to look back on. I'm happy to see my 21st year be done.”
Earlier this evening, Abraham took to Twitter to say that she is determined to come out of this fiasco with some dignity.
She tweeted: “I'm going to ignore all the lies, all the hate, all the disrespectful people who want 2 take advantage of me, have fun making money off me.”