- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
Throughout the years a lot of naked gorgeous women have tastefully graced the pages of Playboy. Founder Hugh Hefner has made every man’s fantasy come true with the easy accessibility of taking a sneak peak at the sensual curves of a women’s body. An array of supermodels, actresses, athletes, musicians, movie and TV starlets have been showcased in the centerfolds.
Playboy has been cultivating its legacy since it launched in December 1953 with Marilyn Monroe on the cover. Monroe didn't actually pose for the magazine, but Playboy really didn't trade in famous nudity for its first couple of decades. It take a certain look to be featured in the infamous Playboy, so here is a list of the top ten stars rejected for the chance to pose for the camera.
10. Shirley Jones: Shirley is known for her role in The Partridge Family and was rejected at the age of 75 by Playboy. She did some test shots that Hefner thought weren’t racy enough. Since Shirley didn’t want to show more skin, Hefner cut her out of the magazine.
9. Pia Rizza: Pia is known for the reality TV show Mob Wives Chicago and released naked photos of herself to get the attention of Playboy. Once they received the photos, they declined the offer.
8. t.A.T.u.: Do you remember this dynamic duo that hit the music scene in the early 2000’s? t.A.T.u. was a Russian music duo that consisted of Lena Katina and Yulia Volkova. They gained popularity with their single “All The Things She Said.” The eccentric pop stars raised eyebrows with their school girl outfits and makeout sessions. The girls were turned down by Playboy in both the U.S. and Germany.
7. Montana Fishburne: Daughter of actor Laurence Fishburne has worked to be a part of the magazine. Montana tested for Playboy, but her photos didn’t see the light of publication. She then went on to release a sex tape. After the release, Playboy reconsidered Montana but only posted her photos online. Daddy must be proud of his little angel.
6. Kate Gosslin: Kate is known for her reality TV show Jon & Kate Plus 8. It is unknown if Kate approached Playboy about stripping down. There have been reports that insinuated that Hefner was quick to turn down the mother of eight.
5. Audrina Patridge: Before Audrina made her debut in reality TV, her nude pictures surfaced the web. Unfortunately it didn’t grab the attention of Playboy. Audrina’s rep later said that she never wanted to submit them to Playboy. In the end, though, isn’t an offer better than nothing at all?
4. Bridget Marquardt: She failed a few test shoots and was rejected by Playboy. The blonde bombshell was determined as ever to make her mark on the magazine and didn’t let a few rejections keep her down. Bridget got her break when Hefner invited her to live in the Playboy mansion. The busty blonde became one of his girlfriends along with Kendra Wilkinson and Holly Madison. Hefner let all three girls pose together in the magazine. Not what Bridget had originally planned, but at least she got a little piece posing for the magazine. Goes to show Hefner has high standards. Doesn’t matter if you’re his girlfriend, because it doesn’t mean you get to pose for the magazine.
3. Kelly Osbourne: Kelly expressed interest in posing for the magazine in 2006 saying she would go fully nude. The Fashion Police star was immediately rejected by Hefner. According to Starpulse, Hefner said, “"I can't see it happening somehow - we don't airbrush to that extent." Ouch!
2. Farrah Abraham: Former MTV reality starlet from Teen Mom was rejected not once but twice from Playboy. According to Star Magazine, she reached out to Playboy after the release of her sex tape. Farrah also said that posing nude in a magazine is one of her lifelong dreams.
1. Britney Spears: After Britney’s meltdown in 2007, there were rumors that Playboy had rejected her. With her erratic behavior is seems like it would be true, but a representative for the magazine said that they would have been happy to feature the pop diva once she got her life back on track. Now with Britney being back on track, and having two kids, there haven’t been any offers for her to strip down her clothes. Sorry Britney, guess you lost your chance at Playboy.