- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
After creating some buzz on Wednesday about a Rambo television series and the possibility of Sylvester Stallone playing John Rambo again, the actor’s rep said that Stallone will not star in the series.
As we previously reported, Entertainment One and Avi Lerner's Nu Image are producing a series based on the popular First Blood franchise that featured the Rambo character. The original 1982 film was based on David Morrell’s novel and was followed by sequels in 1985, 1988 and 2008, all starring Stallone. The actor even directed 2008’s Rambo, which Lerner co-produced.
Part of yesterday’s announcement was that Stallone was in talks to join the series in some capacity, possibly as an actor. However, in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, a representative for the Rocky star said that he will not play Rambo again.
“While a television series based on the Rambo property is in development with Entertainment One and Nu Image, contrary to reports, Sylvester Stallone will certainly not reprise his role as the iconic John Rambo for the small screen,” the statement reads. His rep again stressed that Stallone could take a creative role, but he’s not going to act on TV.
Stallone is currently working on a third Expendables film for August 2014 and will next be seen in Escape Plan with Arnold Schwarzenegger in October. He may also be involved in a planned Rocky spin-off about Apollo Creed’s grandson.