- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
On August 14, celebrities tweeted sorrowfully about the sudden passing of The Bachelor contestant Gia Allemand. She was 29.
When it was initially reported that Allemand was in critical condition in New Orleans, prayers for the brunette beauty dominated Twitter. Professional snowboarder and The Bachelorette contestant Jesse Csincsak tweeted that he was “thinking of” Allemand and hoped she would “feel better.” He followed up the tweet with another that joked, “ICU is no fun!”
The model and actress was best known for her appearance on the reality television competition shows, The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love and Bachelor Pad as well as an appearance in Maxim. Appearing on Season 14 of The Bachelor, Allemand competed for stud Jake Pavelka’s affections, and was the second to last woman eliminated.
On Monday night, Allemand’s NBA boyfriend Ryan Anderson found her after an apparent suicide attempt. She was taken to the hospital where she remained unconscious in critical condition. Life support was withdrawn today once it was determined that Allemand’s brain and organ function were irreparably damaged.
Allemand’s family has asked for privacy from the media in the wake of her sudden passing.
Here are tweets from former The Bachelor contestants and other celebrities on the death of Gia Allemand:
10. Retired MLB pitcher Sean Lowe sent support to Allemand’s family:
My prayers go out to @GiaAllemand 's family during this time. Life on earth is but a vapor and she's with our Lord now.
— Sean Lowe (@SeanLowe09) August 14, 2013
9. The Bachelor’s Vienna Girardi expressed her love:
Gia you are my angel! You changed so many lives with your beautiful soul and will be missed and loved forever.
— Vienna Girardi (@ViennaGirardi) August 14, 2013
8. The Bachelorette contestant Jillian Harris reached out to other alums of the show:
"I am just hearing this horrific news. I am in disbelief. My heart is breaking for my #BachelorNation family. I'm so sorry my little family"
7. Former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader Melissa Rycroft hoped Allemand’s family would be strong:
So sad and scary to hear about @GiaAllemand...sending love, strength and prayers to her and her family....
— Melissa Rycroft (@MelissaRycroft) August 14, 2013
6. Columnist Richard Roeper lamented that Allemand departed too early:
Sad. 29 is a half-century too soon, at least. Condolences to family and loved ones of "Bachelor" star Gia Allemand. http://t.co/X5XaTG9nen
— Richard Roeper (@richardroeper) August 14, 2013
5. The Bachelorette contestant Justin Rego was without words:
I honestly dont know what to say right now.. giaallemand you will be missed and remembered by family,… http://t.co/movP0nxE1q
— Justin Rego (@JustinRatedR) August 14, 2013
4. Host of The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, and Bachelor Pad Chris Harrison sympathized with others who must say goodbye to the young model:
It's with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our good friend Gia Allemand. She will be loved and missed by all who knew her.
— Chris Harrison (@chrisbharrison) August 14, 2013
3. Upcoming Bachelor and former soccer star Juan Pablo Galavis sent prayers to those who loved Allemand:
"Very SAD to hear the NEWS on @GiaAllemand... RIP and PRAYERS to the family..."
2. Former Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky expressed sorrow at the great loss of Allemand:
— Ali Fedotowsky (@AliFedotowsky) August 14, 2013
1. Allemand’s Bachelor Jake Pavelka published his heartbreaking reaction to the news:
I had to pull over, I can't stop crying. We have lost an angel.
— Jake Pavelka (@jakepavelka1) August 14, 2013