- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
One Direction’s Liam Payne encountered a scary situation Monday evening when his balcony caught fire, which sent his friend to the hospital.
According to Daily Mail, Payne’s friend, who is yet to be identified, was on the balcony attempting to fix an outside heater. Something went wrong during the process, setting the heater, the balcony and his friend on fire.
Payne was in the kitchen at the time of the fire and reportedly threw water on his friend and the blaze to help subside the fire until fire officials arrived.
Ambulance and firefighters were called to the scene. His friend remains in the hospital with several second degree burns. The boybander reportedly rode in the ambulance with him to ensure he was going to be okay.
E! News notes that Payne has yet to speak out about the incident and has yet to update the press regarding his friend's condition.
Payne, 20, was last spotted at the MTV Video Music Awards where he along with his fellow 1D mates took home the moon-man award for Best Song of the Summer, MTV reports.