- Special Features
Blogs & Columns
- Fun & Games
On September 17, celebrities tweeted.
Tweets from celebrities today were downright inspirational. Twitter users everywhere rushed to Amazon.com to pre-order books, albums, and other famous people merchandise after an heiress and a wood worker promised provocative gifts and the fulfillment of dreams. Other celebrities spoke about their idols, feelings about the changing of the season, and what they are looking for in a cheese.
Everyone’s favorite country cutie published her feelings about a recent breakup, while America’s dearest patriot sarcastically commented on the Forbes 400. There was talk of fashion by an old-school comedienne, as New York Fashion Week winds to a close, and fall trends emerge. A musician shared a photo of space, dishing on what God does on his free time to keep infinite abyss interesting. Finally, and most importantly, a well-known web commentator reminded his followers of the importance (and safety) of a steady day-job.
Here are the top 10 celebrity tweets from Tuesday, September 17!
10. Parks and Recreation’s Nick Offerman both excited and intimidated readers into pre-ordering his book:
Last week to pre-order my book and WIN SEXY PRIZES. There be chuckles in that there HARDCOVER, aye, and chortles too. http://t.co/hadiiApTyt
— Nick Offerman (@Nick_Offerman) September 17, 2013
9. Mara Wilson gave us one more reason to feel grumpy about the end of summer:
I'm starting Fall off the traditional way, by having a weather change-induced asthma attack.
— Mara Wilson (@MaraWritesStuff) September 17, 2013
8. Kanye’s secret admirer outed herself:
God I love Kanye so much. Later with Jools is incredible tonight!
— Adele (@OfficialAdele) September 17, 2013
7. Daniel Tosh reminded us to appreciate our day jobs:
porn stars must now be tested every 2 weeks for AIDS. and you thought your job was monotonous. #tosh
— daniel tosh (@danieltosh) September 17, 2013
6. Lena Dunham prompted the question, are cheeses ethical?
"Don't you want a plate of ethical cheeses right now?" -just texted this to @campsucks but betting it's truthful for us all
— Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) September 17, 2013
5. Miley Cyrus was cryptic, and newly single:
4. Josh Groban revealed his inner space nerd:
Hey cool, the Hubble just captured a pic of God playing ding dong ditch. pic.twitter.com/bhzcS2gDPq
— josh groban (@joshgroban) September 17, 2013
3. Saturday Night Live alumna Ana Gasteyer pondered upcoming fall trends:
I wonder if anyone secretly poops their harem pants, just cuz they can
— Ana Gasteyer (@AnaGasteyer) September 17, 2013
2. Paris Hilton failed to realize we are all wishing she would stop releasing music:
— Paris Hilton (@ParisHilton) September 17, 2013
1. And Stephen Colbert told it like it is:
I feel bad for the billionaires left off the Forbes 400. Hopefully they can make the Poverty Magazine 313,899,600.
— Stephen Colbert (@StephenAtHome) September 18, 2013